In our sincere attempts to grow up, which is largely a conscious decision after being pointed out quite a few times by our elders we forget to cater to the child within us. We tell as many people as possible about how mature we are, and slowly we start believing our own lies.
We are not happy and there’s no way we are meant to live and die in the same place where we were born. The truth is that we are meant to travel, just as much we are bound to have a career and marry someone and have babies. But this truth is conveniently taken away from us.
In 2015, on my 24th birthday, I made a resolution to myself that I will travel once every month, low budget and on weekends. I pretty much did. And you can too. If not now, sometime soon. This travelogue might help you dream.
July 2015: Jodhpur
- Why Jodhpur: Small city perks: beautiful fort and a unique Blue City, people have painted their houses blue to maintain some coolness in an otherwise hot atmosphere.
- Distance from Ahmedabad:
- Preferable AC Sleeper Bus (Night journey)
- Stay: Cosy Guest House
- Trip Duration: 2 days (Weekend)
- Budget: Rs. 4500-5000 (per person)
- Ideal Season: Monsoon (It doesn’t rain there but it will be cooler), Winter (Avoid Summers)
What People say you must do
- Visit Mehrangarh Fort
- Jaysar Mahal (Opposite Fort)
- Clock Tower
- Raja’s Palace
- Mandore Gardens
- Shopping from Rajasthan Handloom